Sunday 29 May 2011

Weekend

After playing Saturday morning, shopping in Kenilworth and then some grazing today started off more low key.
I had plans to do some bridle and saddling practice with the help of some liquorice. I have discovered that B loves liquorice and it certainly helped with getting the bit in her mouth but not the bridle on her head yet lol.

We revisited circle game with a focus on relaxation for B with some approach and retreat with canter. Today we got a consistent 1/4 lap of canter every time I asked! Its a good start!

Saddling up was lovely both sides and I found the girth needed doing up an extra hole. At this rate I will need to buy a smaller one. Getting on took a while as B couldn't line up for me to get on from the left side. She was insistent that I got on from the right! I kept asking her if she was sure and she was. On I got and did absolutely nothing but friendly game and asked her to graze. She was wonderfully calm for what must have been 30 mins with only a couple of lateral flexions. So unlike Tuesday I stayed on. I was anxious to begin with but after remembering to breathe and scratching B along her neck until my fingers hurt I was soon smiling and relaxed.

I noticed today B is pretty ok with me being in zone 3, scratching all along her back. This is pretty huge for her I think. Also she is eating all her feeds now and really settling in.

I am still struggling to learn all I need for testing on Thursday. I am going to have to find some way of making the stuff stick in my brain somehow!

Tomorrow we are starting the riding part of the course so today has set both B and I up for success.
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

2 comments:

  1. ooooh I have missed a couple - catching up now... what were you guys doing in the photo?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was scratching her itchy spots and she groomed me back too x

    ReplyDelete