Wednesday 25 May 2011

IMG00209-20110525-1053.jpg

Day Three!

Where did the day go! It was a better day for us with lots of online play, vet/farrier prep. B was incredible and I have more arrows to use for a few little niggles she has.
Got test results which I felt pretty despondent about but with a low mark of 20% all I can do these two weeks is improve. A lot! It sent me to my dark and dismal place where my critical voice tells me how bad and useless I am. Not fun, so there were more tears for me.
B may have sideways as her default but I am the queen of negativity in these circumstances. Not a pretty sight.
Did some practice of tool skills and I made a lot of progress with my c/s skills. It appears I am quite ambidextrous.

We have a plan this week to work on canter on circle game by playing a million transit ions and with a goal of 2 laps of calm canter. Also sideways, which concerns me a little. B is almost addicted to sideways as her default setting when she wants to avoid doing stuff and when her brain is definitely not engaged. So the plan is to play with Rock slide pattern and sideways at increasing distances, which we have tried with great success today. I want to find ways to engage her mind and from then follows motivation and willingness. I saw that in her today and her expression made it all seem worthwhile. I had a very willing motivated B who tried her heart out and won every time. From feeling useless and less than level 1 am back to feeling happy that we had a great partnership today and played the 7 games with something approaching excellence.

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment:

  1. You are there to learn so don't stress - they just need to know where you are at - what is the name of the course you are doing?

    ReplyDelete