Sunday 22 May 2011

Exciting!


Today was an exciting interesting day! It was really windy and B really didn't like it. We had a play in the arena to begin with and it took a while for B to stop being introverted and up her energy. I don't know if I should have ridden but I did after a very nice saddling up.

There has been a marquee in the pub car park for a couple of days so Sandra and I walked the horses past online. B couldn't allow me to get on until we had walked all the way to the top of the old woods despite me trying at various points. I don't mind tho, it is always up to her. Pretty soon it was clear she wasn't very relaxed. She was either tense and listening and looking for danger or tripping up. So we played zig zag and I matched her energy which really seemed to help. In any case we just did the old woods with some lovely trot up the straight with B happy to go in front until she actually was and then she wanted Bert in the lead. We did some weave around the trees and we got off by the exit. At least we got off the yard but it was odd not to be doing our usual Sunday marathon ride.

I got my rented horse box quite late so B didn't get to eat her tea til gone 7.30 but she doesn't know it's a Sunday and she gets her tea at that time during the week anyway. Then it was load up the lorry time and play with loading. I stayed really calm and just chilled while she sniffed and snorted as she explored the horse box. She immediately stood on the ramp and pretty soon she was in the box. Actually she got in four times in total so I am feeling confident about loading tomorrow. B may have other ideas so we will have to see lol.
i expected to spend ages puting her stuff in the horse box but it didn't seem to take too long. I must have forgotten something!?

It took me at least 15 minutes to back the horse box into my small driveway with the help of a neighbour. Never mind, at least I got it in the end without damaging anything.

This will be the last blog post from my computer for the time being. The next two fun filled weeks will be brought to you from my Blackberry so look out for crappy photos but lots of interesting stuff! I hope it's interesting! I think it has finally sunk in that this is rwally happening. I AM going to Parelli and it will be for two weeks. Oh I just can't wait!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

  1. Awesome.... and I'll be at the Game of Contact Course this weekend too with Linda....great!!! Hope you both get lots out of it.

    ReplyDelete