Friday 27 May 2011

IMG00259-20110527-1607.jpg

I can't believe its Friday and a whole week has gone by! I really wish time would slow down.
And the week has just got better and better. Today was play day apart from a trailer loading demo. And some practical stuff about knots and assertiveness. I am very pleased to say I have learned the Bank Robbers knot! Woohoo, one down, one to go!
Later in the morning we played with a trailer which B and I have never had chance to do. Great to explore it and use it as a toy with no pressure or need to actually get in. After lunch we focused on the two things in our plan and by the end of the afternoon B had learned the Rock Slide in five minutes flat and she had done a whole lap of calm canter on the 45' line using the sundial.
The sundial is a hoot! It really helped B look at where she put her feet and watching her do the most exuberant canter over them made me think of the LBE Horsenality cartoon horse. She looked exactly like it!
I feel we have made huge leaps and bounds in our relationship and my leadership this week. Its very hard work physically for me. I keep forgetting I am not 25! But apart from feeling a bit achy and my feet hurting at the end of the day I think I am doing ok. Today all I heard from all the PP's was how well we did. I am glowing with pride and joy at having such a great partner in B. She is one hell of a stunning horse.

I was thinking today how I could carry on this level of play when we get back home. It will be very tempting to just slip back into my previous routine but I am going to try not to. I have found being more imaginative and provocative came quite naturally to me but Stoneleigh is set up for that purpose after all. I have learned more patterns in one short week already so there is a chance I will add them to our play at home.

I have made some great friends here. One lovely person lives not too far from me and we are planning to ride the woods together when we get back. I am very excited about this!!!
That will make for some great blog posts. Wait until you see the size of her lovely LBI mare.

We have plans for the weekend. More play, maybe even riding and lots of study group stuff. Bring it on!

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

No comments:

Post a Comment