Sunday 15 May 2011

Online canter just got better!

We have been having some brilliant sessions in the arena this week after a few days of not much happening. Last night we had the whole yard to ourselves and B was very relaxed. I am still smiling about her canter on the 45' line. She has learned that canter is not so terrifying and relaxed enough for me to find neutral! Hooray. So much so that I got photos. Of her cantering.

Trotting.

And finally, I asked her in so here she is trotting to me.

How fantastic, eh?  Little old me has helped my horse learn to be calm and enjoy herself. Every time she came to me instead of her puffing and blowing and quivering she was a little out of breath but looking pleased and excited, as if she couldn't quite believe what fun it was. We had very little brace and I just left her to settle out on the 45'. When she came in she got a treat but she didn't drop her head or go introverted. Marvelous.

In between we did a lot of zone 5 driving and playing with sideways too. She can sideways to me and away, from zone 5 and zone 1. Great fun. And while canter has got better fig 8 has got a bit messy. I can only think I must be doing something in my body to put her off or else she just can't do that right now. I am not complaining!

No comments:

Post a Comment