Saturday 21 May 2011

Canter!

Excuse the crappy photo. I just had to post it because its B really cantering calmly although I was excited to see her lol.
We had another brilliant lesson with Claire Burgess and this time I was calm and in control of my brain. Now that B has settled even more her LBE side is to the forefront and I am loving it. It's time to focus on obedience and helping B's confidence in herself. How different from Lizzie the LBI. Very hard for me to not think 'is B bored yet'.
This week the horses have been allowed out for 5 days a week. B has been wearing her muzzle and seems happy. We haven't been doing much except for a lovely grooming session Thursday evening. The rest of the time she has been too focused on her hay nets. She can be very grumpy with me, so every morning I ask her to back out of her stable and we establish who moves who. The respect at meal times is going well and B is learning to be patient and wait until I give her permission to eat.
I have been working hard in preparation for the next two weeks of Parelli Heaven. I have had to keep telling myself that I am spending two whole weeks with B so time away from her this week is to be endured!
Two more sleeps and we are off to Stoneleigh. I have packed a million times...in my head. Time to do it for real tomorrow evening after some trailer loading play. I am so excited inside but really trying hard to show calm on the outside! LBI? Who, me? I guess it's pretty obvious now.

1 comment: