Sunday 1 May 2011

Ist Anniversary!

Three hundred and sixty five days ago a somewhat dehydrated Breeze was led down the ramp of the horse transporters lorry and handed over to me on temporary loan. B was high headed spooky and no respecter of personal space. A year later we are partners. Most of the time!

Today we warmed up in the arena before riding and had a lot of fun. B was quite LBE and we had some nice change of direction in trot and canter on the circle game which turned into stick to me and made me laugh. Unfortunately I forgot to hold on to the 22' line when we reached the end and let go. Breeze, instead of circling, carried on in a straight line and tucked in behind a kid and pony having a first ride. I stayed calm and just called for him to keep clam and take no notice. B followed them to the corner, trod on the rope and stood still for me to pick up the line.

All was great saddling up and then it got challenging! B did not want to leave the yard. She trotted back to the arena after some backing up but as soon as we tried to go near the gate she would have none of it. Rather than keep on trying and get into trouble I hopped off, we walked across the road and I got on from one of the benches in the pub car park. We found Bert and Sandra eating grass a little way from the exit down the mile and 1/4.

Great ride with B trotting very happily. I seem to have solved the problems I had with trotting and am really enjoying how relaxed I feel. B even took the lead for the last bit of the ride. A great way to spend a special day.


1 comment: