Tuesday 24 May 2011

IMG00204-20110524-1725.jpg

Day two.
I got the happy relaxed B I know back this morning! Just in time for our Online test!
But first we had tests on our rope skills, c/s skill, knot tying and putting a Parelli bridle together.
Then it was go get your horse and money to the playground and I chose the 22' line and not the 45'.
I was happy with some tasks. Jump the barrels, turn and face, wait and back over was great fun. Circle game - B offered canter, nice. Sideways to 20ft was ok. Weave from z5 was pretty good but it felt like I was more in z3! The pond was great! For some of the others but B couldn't put a foot near the water but was content to eat mud loo. Trailer loading? Forget it! We did get two feet on the ramp the. Fig 8 in trot without a c/s and stay on your say spot was absolutely fabulous even if I say so myself. Big green ball on B's back was ok after a bit of approach and retreat. I certainly didn't feel as bad as I did after the written test.
After lunch we took saddles then horses to the playground. B was focused and tuned in to me. Had a lovely warm up then a long graze for B just because she was so chilled. We were tested on saddling and B let me saddle her from both sides. Getting on was great and all was relaxed and happy until I got bud died up with someone who promptly trotted off on follow the rail and I never saw them again. I tried to find something to do and have a plan but that old fear issue arose and I started to feel that sickness in the pit of my stomach. B obviously felt me losing the plot. She stopped listening to me. Her leader had gone so she wanted to follow anyone and everyone. I thought perhaps things might go pear shaped quickly so I got off!
It took ages for my adrenaline to go down. I fought to stop the tears but when one of the PO's came to ask how I was I broke down a little. B, meanwhile carried on being chilled and happy eating grass and playing online.
In some ways that session wasn't so good but it was so good to have a relaxed horse and I really enjoyed being in our herd of two.
My feet hurt this evening. I bet I will sleep well again tonight!
Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

2 comments:

  1. Just give yourself time to settle, go with the flow, sounds like B is flowing use her energy, you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what happened?? I think there are a couple of blackberry corrections so I cant figure it out
    "happy until I got bud died up with someone who promptly trotted off on follow the rail and I never saw them again." ??

    ReplyDelete