Thursday 2 June 2011

Phew!

Its Thursday already. We have theory testing today and I don't know it all but I am going to give it a damn good try. I have definitely learned a lot and I am sure I will get a much better score. I got great pleasure yesterday from showing that I have learned the knots. There was I thinking last week that I would never learn them!

It has been an extreme week for me. If it wasn't for the support of my fellow students I don't know how I would have done so well. But then I have had a lot to work out about my emotional fitness and fear issues. Had a complete meltdown Tuesday morning, probably because all the previous week my anxieties around riding had been building, I had a panic attack and had to leave the class and go and hide. I howled and railed against it all and I think, finally 'let go'. Four + years of terror and un confidence lifted and floated away like a big black cloud.

Once again I got to improve my leadership and support Breeze when she needed it most. We have had a great time riding the honeycomb. I am learning how to help her feel safe when she is un confident. We have got Fig 8, Follow the Rail and Clover Leaf set up. By Tues afternoon we trotted the Clover Leaf.

Our warm up play had gone so well we got one lap of calm canter and she came in with both eyes and ears fixed on me. Lovely.

Wed was more low key with B seeming to be very left brained and I was the Ambassador of Yes so she could relax and eat grass.
B had one big spook which I calmly took care of. By bending her and when she was calm enough took her back into one of the round pens in the honeycomb where she felt safe.

I think I have the confidence to transfer this to arena riding back home as long as I can maintain focus and a plan.

Wish me luck for the theory test today?

Sent from my BlackBerry® wireless device

1 comment: