Monday 29 November 2010

Walk in the woods.

We had a quick walk in the woods this morning. No thresholds leaving the yard or crossing the road. I had to ask her with back up from the c/s to walk next to me not lag behind. I cannot get enough of that look on B's face. I think she looks relaxed and happy, she looks at me and asks what we are going to do next. She made a beeline for the 'log trailer' as soon as we crossed the side road, after taking me on a detour into the woods for a new perspective on things. Looks like her confidence is coming back again.

We practiced walking past the exit a couple of times then waiting in the exit. She offered sideways going away from the exit towards the old woods which she seems to do now if she feels unsure. It was clear she was unhappy about going away from the exit but as soon as she relaxed into sideways I asked her to stop and we turned and headed for home. I noticed B is happier these days to let me stand in zones 2, 3 and 4 and touch her. She would always either walk off or go backwards before, even when I just placed a hand on her gently. I can lean on her now and she stays put. We can walk together with me resting an arm on her withers or back (well, as far as I can reach seeing as she is quite tall!)
I ordered some new featherlight lines today and plan to try some driving game from zone 5 and being able to ask B to change direction, not just go in a straight line. Should be fun. I wonder how soon and how often I get tangled up in them lol

No comments:

Post a Comment