Thursday 18 November 2010

Leap, fart, buck!!

Yesterday's two play sessions were interesting and fun. Breeze was full of enthusiasm and we had quite an energetic play. She was leaping in the air when we played falling leaf and she wanted to trot on circle game.

She went intro a few times but instead of staying like that, I asked her towards me and she immediately snapped out of it and happily walked to me. I gave her a treat every time she did this just to make it extra good.

I left her bandages off last night and this morning her wound had a nice healthy scab on it. So I made the executive decision to let her go out for the first time in weeks. I hoped and prayed she wouldn't go crazy and worried she might damage the wound.

She walked sedately down the run way and then broke into a trot at the gate, then with a leap in the air cantered over to Bertie and her little herd. Then she went bonkers for a few minutes, leaping and twisting, bucking and farting! She rolled twice, then got down to the task of eating grass. Phew. Not so worrying after all.

This evening she was plastered in mud but the mud socks had kept her legs dry and mud free. The scab was intact too. Looks like things are back to normal, once again.

No comments:

Post a Comment