Sunday 14 November 2010

Sunday soaking.

Last week some film students came to film me in my studio on the subject of tattoo artists and their work and hobbies. Today two of them came to film Breeze and I doing what we do on a typical Sunday. Although this really wasn't a typical Sunday what with B being out of action for riding. I put some extra vet wrap on B's leg and then covered that in duct tape in the hope it would make it waterproof.

It rained and rained and rained but we had a ball. The two students had an umbrella! Breeze sniffed it and then ignored it. How un-RBI and how interesting. We went for a walk in the woods and B was wonderful. Very few thresholds and she stayed calm and eager to do whatever I asked. We didn't go too far and on the way back she stopped to sniff around in some dead leaves and then eat the soil she found underneath. It seemed very tasty lol.

Back at the yard we did a one to one interview with Breeze standing in her stable. I expected her to go and eat hay and ignore me. Instead she spent the whole time licking my hands and just standing next to me nuzzling me and not wanting to leave my side. She either likes me a lot these days or she is more of a camera hog than I am lol.

We had a great play in the rain soaked arena this evening on the 12' line and Breeze must be feeling better because she was pretty full of energy. She didn't brace or go intro again and circle game was great yet again too. Being confined to her stable all week doesn't seem to bother her which is just as well as she won't be going out to graze in the fields just yet.

Her wound is healing well but is still not flat and healed enough to risk it being torn open again. Plus I don't know if even duct tape is enough to protect her from the mud.

No comments:

Post a Comment