Saturday 13 November 2010

Breeze is a real sweetheart.


Another day, another photo of the healing wound. I am delighted to say how much B has accepted the twice daily routine of unwrapping, cleaning, drying, applying cream and then re-bandaging. She has gone from wanting to run away, to lifting her feet, to standing still and watching me. I even had to ask her to lift her leg this evening so that I could wrap the bandage around her hoof! I have let her smell everything and shown her what I was going to do.

Today, before and after work, B and I have been in the arena for her 15 minutes 'walk'. Instead we have played games and B has made me laugh out loud both times. This morning while weaving some cones she decided she wanted to trot! She isn't supposed to but we ended up racing together as she tossed her head on the turns and tried to beat me to the end of the row of cones. I was going straight and she was weaving but still she won (of course!). This evening she had such a sweet expression on her face as she gave me yo yo over poles and offered side ways at one point. I just had to laugh at the way she looked at me. She gave me lovely soft circle game on the 12' line with the rope slack with cod and her favourite reverse falling leaf.

These last couple of days she hasn't gone introverted and she hasn't braced either. I wonder if thats because our sessions have been short and quite focussed or that I haven't wanted to push her because of her injury. But I have been particular and had a clear picture in my mind of how what I wanted her to do looked. Perhaps we are just getting a little better at the 7 games.

No comments:

Post a Comment