Sunday 28 November 2010

That extra 2% again.

My goodness but it's cold! Barely above freezing but the sun was shining and Breeze was in a great mood. We had some hanging out time while she grazed. I played 'go eat here and here and here' and we both warmed ourselves in the sunshine.

B's wound is looking a lot better. I am slathering Sudocrem over it and hoping it continues to heal. We went out without mud socks today because they make it go soggy. I am debating if I should leave them off tomorrow too. Depends on how frozen the mud is!

We had a great play in the arena. B has a much happier face these days and we are doing lots of different things. I am finding it a little easier to be more particular and I am getting better at thinking up new ways of playing the games with obstacles etc. Today circle game was even better and when I set two poles out for B to circle over she relaxed into it like she knew her job. Very nice to see.

She looked like she enjoyed trotting around and I actually got to ask her in lol. She couldn't quite get the hang of fig 8 but after a few tries she actually looked at me and asked me a question! I could see it in her face and when I slowed it down and then asked her to go around, not over one of the jump sides from then on she could do the fig 8 in walk and trot, then walk one side and trot the other. Cool! We got back up between two poles only a few feet apart too. Next time I will try a 90 degree turn?

We left the arena on a very good note and saddled up in the courtyard. B couldn't let me get on tho and circled around and around me. So I just relaxed and let her, asking for cod occasionally. Eventually she got bored and stood still and I got on. She no longer walks off now and we get to chill out before we set off.
I met up with Sandra and Bert round the corner. Sandra asked if I wanted her to lead us again because B decided she didn't want to go forward lol. I said no and persisted in turning B around and around. We didn't have to do this much before B got moving, just as two other horses and riders were leaving the yard with a car following behind us. I took advantage of this and B and I were over the road before she had time to think.

We had a lovely, relaxed, happy ride. Breeze was very chilled and even took the lead for a short time. The ground was very frozen so we took it very easy and I noticed she took particular care about where she was going . We only went around the old woods and B didn't stop or hesitate. I kept my hands in my pockets to keep them warm most of the time.
We did some weaving, circling and zig zagging as usual. We walked past the exit without any hesitation and went a little further this time. Today it was Bert who didn't want to go there. As soon as he relaxed and accepted we turned and went home.

Back on the yard I asked B to go into the arena. We met one threshold so I turned her, retreated, then asked again. She walked into the arena but not far past the gate. That was ok. I scratched her and gave her some treats. We circled a few times and I felt calm and happy.We hung around for a short while but I could feel B had had enough so we left, went back to the courtyard and I got off. On the right side too which was a bit clumsy but at least I gave it a go!

No comments:

Post a Comment