Friday 5 November 2010

Demanding time!



Sometimes we do nothing in the evenings i.e. just hang out and groom instead of playing in the arena. It's supposed to be undemanding time . . . and used to be for the last six months or so. Now, it has turned into groom me time! Breeze demands, very gently and sweetly I might add, that I scratch her neck and throat and all the new itchy places she is revealing. Like inside her back legs or under her jaw.

Last night she groomed me back! On my head, very very gently, blowing warm hay scented breath in my ear. If I stopped she licked my hands , then put her head in the air, presenting me with her neck to be scratched again. Very very sweet and I feel she is really beginning to trust me.

This morning she stood ground tied in the courtyard for me to put her rain sheet on and tie all the straps up, around her back legs that she used to be very scared about and under her very ticklish belly. Last night taking her rain sheet off in her stable I forgot about the leg straps and pulled the sheet off her and it fell around her back legs...she didn't even notice! She waited patiently for me to undo them. Six moths ago she would have flung herself around the stable in a blind panic.

We trotted together down the runway at liberty and she stuck to me when I suddenly turned to go back and pick up the carrots I dropped! She hadn't seen them so I know she was really focussed on me. I think we are well and truly falling in love with each other lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment