Friday 12 November 2010

And on the fifth day...

I think the wound is healing well. As skin heals from the inside it's obvious it's going to take a bit longer and I guess I must keep it wrapped for a while yet. No Bute today and another couple of days of anti-biotics to go.

It's probably debatable if B can go out on Monday at this rate. Unless I can find a way of wrapping her leg that doesn't come off in the mud and a way of believing the wound won't open up again if she has a bit of hooning about! I am thinking vet wrap and then Duct tape. Any ideas, please leave them in the comments below lol.

Breeze seems to have changed shape over the last few months and I am pleased to see she has muscled up and lost a bit of her big belly. No more comments about her being pregnant then, although she was giving Jewel the Arab stallion the glad eye today when we went for a mooch around the yard. Lots of posturing and squirting. Mares! What are they like!?

We had a lovely 15 minutes in the arena and Breeze was very sweet and adorable. We seem to be closer for this week of box rest and high maintenance care, so what was a nasty thing has turned into a gift. I had to ask B to walk and please no trotting but it was nice to see she wasn't lame on that leg. Falling leaf in reverse and we tried the it the other way but Breeze thought that was odd lol. Nice circle game both ways and fig 8 around some cones. Walk please, not trot! Backwards over a pole turned into please can I side pass it with B giving me her sweetest look so that I let her. We had the beginnings of real driving game from zone 5 at the end of the 22' line and I am managing to ask for turns etc. Progress! The one thing that has progressed the most tho is our relationship and there's nothing better than that, is there.

No comments:

Post a Comment