Sunday 16 May 2010

Yes!

Breeze was happy to see me again this morning. So nice to be greeted with a whinny and not because she is hungry.

We went for a mosey around the yard but she didn't want to eat grass so we played move over here and then jump the telegraph poles. I am really enjoying playing with B as she is so sensitive. Day by day she gets more relaxed and settled and our partnership develops.
So, I got the saddle out and Breeze stood still for me to place it gently on her back. Then she stepped up on the pedestal!! What a sense of humour she has, and it made doing the girth up easier.

With Sandra and Bert tacked up we all set off for the woods online. It's interesting to see how Bert has changed and taken over Lizzie's role of the unmotivated LBI while Breeze delights me with the ease by which she does stuff. Sandra copes very well though but I like to think three years of watching me might have helped lol.
So we played all the way to the top of the old woods where someone passed us and B needed to move her feet. I asked her to jump over the log until she could stand still again. I stood on the log and she came to me and waited. I remember standing there thinking briefly that I felt a bit scared and telling Sandra I wasn't too sure about getting on. Sandra offered to give B some treats and maybe hold her but I thought that wasn't the thing to do. Instead I took a deep breath and stood in the stirrup a couple of times. B didn't move so I swung my leg over and was on. She walked forwards a little and I asked for lateral flexion and B stopped really nicely.


Sandra and Bert led the way and I began to relax even more as Breeze just walked along like she had done this a thousand times before. Her walk was choppy to begin with but the she lengthened her stride a little and we did a bit of weaving around the trees. Her steering wasn't too good to begin with but she got the idea pretty quickly. When I got on B Sandra offered to take photos on my phone and I laughed at my shaking hand as I passed the phone over.
I noticed my legs were aching after just a few minutes but it has been about 4 months since I have ridden so they are bound to protest. All too soon we were walking past the exit where I got off, took Sandra's c/s and 22' line and she left me to get on Bert and go for a ride all the way round the woods.

That'll be us, soon. Watch this space.

2 comments: