Wednesday 12 May 2010

Blah blah blah!

Well, our honeymoon seems to be over lol. Breeze is pretty annoyed with me asking for my space all the time. She continually pushes me to see how far she can go and I just persist and focus on being consistant. We played the game of who moves who today out in the woods and I asked her to move from one lush spot to another. It's as if she has always got 'her own way' so to speak by being a baby and very cute.

Now I am asserting my leadership she has become a little snotty at times and has tried to barge me when I have asked her to do something she didn't want to. It's as if I ask her nicely to do something and her attitude is 'blah blah I am not listening' but I up my phase and sometimes back her up so that I get both eyes and her attention. Very LBI lol.

She gets too energetic on the circle game but I have discovered asking her to go sideways calms her quite easily. Last night we got sideways down the width and the length of the school! She is learning to jump and turn and face me which really focuses her mind too. Traveling circle at trot is superb as is Fig 8 now.

Last night when going to get her in from the field she came to me very quickly even though she has buddied up with Chelsea. Chelsea came with us but only so far and then cantered off. When B realised her friend had gone she tried to go too but I was ready and stopped her before she got to the end of the 22' line. Phew!

There is the whiff of hormones in the air now spring is here! A few mares are in season and there is a little 'argy bargy' in the field I notice lol. This eve when I went to catch B she was playing hard to get. After three attempts at getting the halter on her . . . she would take a treat and as soon as I lifted the halter she would walk away. . . . I gave up and just sat down on the ground. In no time at all she came over to sniff me and see what was happening. I calmly put the halter on and we went to her stable.

Once in her stable she was eating as if she wasn't settled, snatching at her haylage so I got her dinner and sat and did nothing while she ate. Chelsea was in and whinnying quietly to her but B didn't seem to care. So I thought it best to leave her to her haylage, put her rug on her and left. We will see what horse shows up tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment