Friday 14 May 2010

Ahh I geddit

My little girl is definitely 'in season'. I had forgotten all about that stuff as Lizzie was very old and not really interested in 'boys' lol. No wonder Breeze has been a bit crabby lately and this evening 'squirted' in front of Bert!

I have given her a few days off by not asking very much of her and just letting her hang out in the herd, bringing her in and stuffing her full of forage and small feeds. Since she was a teeny bit resistant to being caught the other evening I focussed on catching her with no difficulty as I walked to the furthest field to find her last night. The minute she saw me she trotted to me! She got some big juicy carrots as a treat and I felt like the horsey pied piper as Bert and Patches followed me too.

This evening when I got to the yard B had come to the runway so Sandra brought her in for me. Looks like the positive reinforcement is working. After her dinner we played some approach and retreat with grooming and throwing the 22' line on her back as friendly game, kind of simulating swinging a saddle on her back. It seems that for the time being little and often is working nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment