Sunday 30 May 2010

Busy week.

I have been very busy at work this week so we haven't ridden much but played quite a bit and focused on a few things that B found difficult. She has learned not to tread on her rope and the one time she has done it lately (today) she stepped off it quite smartly.

We got all four feet on the pedestal for quite a while today although she has been able to do this briefly all week. In the school we have managed a lot of sideways . . . she offers this now. And sidepass over a barrel and poles but going to her left is easier than her right.
When B gets snotty sometimes or just plain not listening I have found COD in the circle game very helpful in settling her or getting her attention. B's falling leaf is lovely and we are getting faster. I have used the plastic bag on the c/s more and find it very helpful for being very light and gentle in asking. It feels very different from having the savvy string.

Today she was very expressive in her play and I could really describe it as play. I am really enjoying using more fluid body movements and suggestions. We seem to have taken a step back in the saddling though and she couldn't stand still. I managed to keep my cool and not get direct line but Breeze was not in a happy mood when we set off with Sandra and Bert for a walk then ride in the woods. I let her graze as much as she liked in between some sideways and weaving around trees. She was very happy to stand for me to get on at the logs at the top of the old woods, unfortunately not very gracefully. Seems we are both out of practice lol. I noticed B was unable to walk in a straight line, she is still unused to riding in a loose reined halter but she settles as we progress round the woods. It was quite windy today which made her a little spooky to the extent that she hopped sideways to avoid a puddle while we were trotting. I am learning to trust her not to go too far when she spooks and to help her feel safe with me.

Going all the way around the woods was great and we passed the exit without hesitation. At the first turn towards the old woods we turned and headed for home leaving Sandra and Bert to go around again. B was fine on her own which was great and we went home.

I rasped Breeze's feet again to day. It is getting easier and she is accepting it more easily. She seems quite comfortable most of the time although some stonier parts of the bridle path make her feet seem sensitive. But they aren't very long bits so I am not worrying too much yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment