Sunday 2 May 2010

The other side of the shavings

How cool is this! I have a horse that likes to play! I have borrowed a treat ball to see if B likes it and I think it was a success. We will see if it's empty when I go back later.

The weather was awful today. The temperature has dropped to 6.5c, windy and it's been raining all night and today. As you can see the school is a puddle.

There was a different Breeze waiting for me today. A little agitated and needing to move. While I mucked out she watched next door make up a bed. I tried grooming her but she is very ticklish so as I stood in the middle of her stable she walked around me and I brushed the bit that passed by lol. I even had a try at rasping some of the ragged bits of her hooves. She is a darling to work on and lifts her feet and stays very still.

While there was a gap in the rain Sandra rode Bertie and I walked B in the woods. I let Sandra go off around the old woods alone and was pleased to see B didn't hesitate or get upset. She was definitely more alert than yesterday and spooked a couple of times but it wasn't off putting for me. She was a little resistant today and was annoyed at being asked to go sideways up the hill at the top of the old woods so I asked for backwards instead! She had wanted to walk slightly ahead of me but kept looking back at me to check in which was nice but I did wonder who was leading who. We met up with Sandra and Bert again and walked home.

We had to do more on creating a bubble of my personal space which included stretching my arms and extreme friendly with the c/s and tapping the fence as we went along. We did a lot of stop and back up and by the time we got to the exit Breeze had got the message. Will need to do a lot of this so that it becomes a habit for her. Sandra and Bert went on down the mile and 1/4 while we played keep your distance as we left the woods and went into the car park.

I thought it might be an idea to let B stretch her legs in the school. I thought she might have a run around but to my surprise she just followed me a little at liberty. I let her wander off and when she found me again she got treats. She wandered off into a far corner but as soon as I walked to zone 5 she turned and followed me so we did a little 'stick to me' and then I put the 22' line on and we went 'home'.



No comments:

Post a Comment