Friday 31 December 2010

More success.

We had a great play session in the arena today. The barefoot trimmer was due at 11.30 so we had 45 mins to play with by the time I got to the yard and said hello to B.
Sandra went for a ride but I knew there wasn't enough time for B and I to get ready. Too much pressure for both of us lol. I told her we will probably never be able to do that, like she does. I doubt it will ever be the case where I just put the saddle on, get on and go. Not in my Parelli world anyway. We come close to it sometimes when B and I only need five or ten minutes but it's always good to check in and see what horse has turned up. And its pretty much a foregone conclusion that the less time there is to get ready the more time we need.

I actually had my inventive head on today and set up a few little things for us to use, like three cones for weaving and a pole to yo yo over. Best of all I set up the two barrels I have for jumping over. I have never asked this of B as yet. I don't know why either. It just never occurred to me when we have jumps always set up anyway.

We took our time moseying about, B sniffing poop and we got sideway along the length of the arena, just to warm up. Then travelling circle game nearer and nearer to the barrels. I left a gap between the two to begin with, just to make it a squeeze game to start with. Then I closed the gap and asked her to jump it. Over she went with a lot of energy, tossing her head, farting loudly and turning to face me. I could see it made her quite emotional and then she dropped her head and went intro for a while. How interesting.

She got over that quite quickly and we went and did other stuff she likes. Yo yo over a pole, weave the cones one way in walk, the other in trot. We had more sideways and backwards from zone5 towards me for about 20'. Yay! Some more moseying and poop sniffing then more jumping the barrels. Each time B was less emotional about it, so we left it after a few successful jumps.

The trimmer had arrived by the time we left the arena. Breeze was in quite a funny mood and has been for a few days. Bossy and fidgety and this time she couldn't stand still for Sarah to trim her feet. I started to wonder if I am guilty of being too indulgent with B and not asking her to be still. I let her go wherever she likes usually and I think it tested Sarah's patience to begin with. But with some back up every time she moved Breeze decided it was better to just stand still while her hooves were done. Afterwards she entertained us all by standing on and off the pedestals. Stepping from one to the other and finally staying on both for quite a while.

This evening she was still out in the field after I put her out when the trimmer had finished. I found her standing alone by the gate to the 'pond field' waiting for me. There was a lot of mud to contend with at the hose but soon she was tucked up in her stable with a belly full of feed and munching on haylage. What a great way to end the year.

HAPPY NEW YEAR
TO YOU ALL
from
Breeze and Cilla
xxx

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you got alot done in a short period of time. I love the double pedestal pic!!! Happy new year my friend. May you find peace love and joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy New Year to you two too

    ReplyDelete