Tuesday 21 December 2010

Breeze and I ventured out in the snow for a walk. She was pretty confident until we got near the tree stump. She snorted and stared very hard at it, all square nosed and scared. I waited for her to make a decision about it. Then she calmly walked up and stood on it, stuffing her face with blackberry leaves.
We had a great time going 'off piste' and playing around the trees. We found a small jump, the ground was soft enough and she gave me jump, turn and face three or four times.

We didn't stay out long and I let her have some liberty in the arena. I played catching game with her and she trotted with me away from the gate a few times. Then had a roll. Some other horses joined us but they were all geldings and B told me most emphatically that she really didn't want to be in the arena with them. So it was back to the courtyard while I mucked out.

We have both had a wonderful time on our own just enjoying the feel of a snow covered playground. No horses have been out in the fields for ages (it seems) and I can't help but worry that Breeze misses it. But she seems very happy with our little plays/walks and a warm cosy stable.

No comments:

Post a Comment