Saturday 25 December 2010

Christmas day night.

I went to the yard early this evening just as it was getting dark, now about 4.15. Slowly the days get longer already woohoo! I did my chores after feeding B and giving her a huge pear as a treat that Sandra gave me for her. The temperature was dropping rapidly, it was -5 as I drove home later on!
Anyway, I sat in B's stable with her for a while for some long overdue UDT and to my surprise she stood over me and occasionally snuffled my head or licked my hands. So sweet. I carefully took some photos so as not to disturb her lol.

It didn't last long, sadly, because someone was trotting their horses up and down outside and B usually gets very tense and alert when she hears other horses go past, especially if they are trotting. Probably just as well given how cold it was getting and my dinner was cooking and almost ready. A lovely end to a great Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment