Tuesday 7 December 2010

Lesson with Claire.

I am in Parelli heaven right now! It was freezing today, -2.5 but sunny and the ground wasn't too frozen in the woods. The arena sand was frozen solid so I had a quick 'reccy' in the woods before Claire got to the yard and it seemed fine.

I am glowing inside with pride because of the compliments and feedback I got from Claire. She thinks B and I have made an enormous amount of progress and the difference in B is very noticeable. Her walk is long, low and relaxed. She just feels different.

There were a couple of cars parked in the woods but they soon left once we started walking about. The park rangers turned up at one point and I did think we might get moved on but they took no notice of us whatsoever. Excellent.

It never ceases to amaze me how much we can learn in just an hour and a half and it goes by in a flash. More focus on being particular which works very well with Breeze. I have learned how to move B's front end from z5. Was having a lot of trouble knowing how to do that! BFO moment indeed! She is quite unconfident from there and claustrophobic too.

Todays lesson has opened up lots of new things for us to do. It will build B's confidence even more I think. What a blessing the woods are for us. All that space to play in. My featherlight lines came yesterday and I think it wont be long before we are using them.

4 comments:

  1. OMG it looks freezing - and here we are in another drought.... glad the lesson went well

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was fffffreezing! Back up to 7c today. Not drought again! That's not good. Madness eh?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tell me more about your BFO Cilla! What did you realise about moving B's front end from zone 5? What did you do differently?

    ~ Beth, Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh beth, you know it seems so simple when someone points it out! B's front end is so easy to move when in the proper position! Claire suggested we try in z3 then z4 and then z5 and she got it. I bet B was thinking 'good grief mum, you can be a bit slow sometimes ;-)'

    ReplyDelete