Saturday 18 December 2010

Before the snow fell.

Breeze cannot stay off the pedestal even when it's snowing and slippery! I love how Parelli enables us to go and have a play in the woods no matter what the weather is doing.

Breeze always seems to be able to find something to eat. We had a leisurely walk with a lot of driving game from z5. The ground is very crunchy and I could see B was concentrating on where to put her feet.

We stopped off at our 'log trailer' and even though it's still full of tyres she didn't seem to mind.

Past the exit she stuffed her face with freeze-dried nettles and we hung out marveling at all the golfers out in this weather. It had started to snow and didn't stop for most of the day. We are experiencing the worst winter for 25 years and actually I can't remember the snow being this bad here, ever. It was -6.5c last night as I drove home from the yard!

I have hidden carrots in B's hay nets for her to find while she is stuck in her stable. I am sure she won't mind being there. I found frozen sugar beet in the bucket in the shed and knocked it out for her to eat. She thought that was a great game but didn't eat all of it so I left it to thaw out in her manger for later.

I am worried I won't be able to get to the yard by car this afternoon and am contemplating walking the 2 miles which may take 45 minutes! It did last year!!! We have had about 4" of snow as I write this. I HATE this weather.

2 comments:

  1. Ooh sorry the wetaher is so bad. Good on you for being creative tho!! My creative side came out too when we had so much rain we had lakes on the arena on sunday - I went and played with the horses in the puddles, checking the twins were ok walking through water. They haven't seen that much in one place before.
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great when things happen weather wise and you say 'oh boy how interesting!'
    c x

    ReplyDelete