Sunday 6 February 2011

Superb Sunday.


What a day!
I got to the yard early (for me on a Sunday). B and I went for a graze then with all the chores out of the way and the arena empty we made a bee line for it and shut the gate behind us. It was less windy and although B was a little introverted to begin with I soon got her interest and energy up. We had a marvelous time doing everything but circle game, she couldn't do that today. Instead we had the most amazing side ways in every direction at the end of the 22' line, and in trot sometimes! I couldn't believe it and it felt like I smiling with my whole body!
I had Katey Drake on my ipod which seemed more than appropriate accompanying my daydream that I was doing a Parelli spotlight hahahahahaha! That can stay in my dreams for sure!
I tried lead by the legs, front and back with the savvy string. Breeze got the idea straight away. Excellent. We did some wrap around, lots of back up over a pole/jump then trot to me. I love the look on B's face as she trots to me! I fall in love with her every time. We had some rets when B dropped her head t the ground. She is still not going so deep and usually with a bit of friendly game she will come out of it and continue to play. I did sit on a jump side at one point and stroked her head all over. She likes that.
We did some stick to me and we got some of it in trot. It didn't feel like an hour had gone by. Sandra had got to the yard by then so we left the arena, did a little simulation by the mounting block and went and saddled up and I got on.

Looks like the discussions with B earlier in the week have had an impact on our relationship. Its definitely changed to 51/49 in my favour. Leaving the yard was great with no thresholds. B seemed more relaxed today despite the wind. I noticed along the way she looks out for trouble instead of where she is going! A little bit of zig zag helped her focus.
Lately I have been starting to get tense when B trots so today I really thought about being in the proper position and finding my balance point again. That worked well because trotting was great and we did a lot of it. B didn't get emotional, even in the lead.

Back on the yard we spent a bit of time up on the pedestal. It's beginning to feel not so unusual being up there on B's back lol. She does love getting up on them, stepping from one to the other and generally enjoying herself. She likes to hang one front hoof off the edge now too lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment