Sunday 13 February 2011

So, what's all this about?

I didn't get to muck out until the afternoon...B needed time to just chill and eat grass. We went to play in the arena which started off well until someone else came in and B went introverted immediately. She would occasionally surface and do something, lovely circle game, jump, turn and face, sideways, back up over a pole, reverse falling leaf. But in between she just hung her head and switched off.

Bertie and Sandra came along to play and I asked if I could let B get some cuddles from Sandra while I played with Bertie for a while. He's a lot different! Mr LBI, so we did some yo yo until he could go all the way back and come forward with a nice look on his face, then had a play with circle game, falling leaf and sideways. All the time B was licking Sandra's hands but keeping her eyes on me. It's great how playing with another horse gets B's attention.

While Sandra carried on playing B and I left to go saddle up which went well until I asked her into the courtyard. Her head went down again and she wasn't budging. Eventually after sitting with her and giving her time she was happy to leave and follow Bert and Sandra across the road where I got on from one of the benches at the tables outside the pub.

It was a good ride. Lots of eat here and move on. B was quite calm and both horses only spooked occasionally, once when two riders came up behind us. We had a few little trots and I only found out when we got home that Sandra had finally taken her Martingale off lol. No wonder she said she only wanted to walk when we set off lol.

We had a bit of a mooch around the yard when we got back. We went to the arena gate then did some back up and fig 8 in the courtyard, then I got off. B was cuddly and her usual sweet self. So what's going on here? Am I thinking this is more than it is? Or am I pushing her too much? I just don' t know. I just do what I think is right at the time, slowing right down and waiting for B to tell me when she is ready to move on. Speculating about the why's and wherefore's is pointless too because it would be pure guess work. I am not interesting in living in what might have been B's past. What matters is here and now. But we have a lesson booked with Claire Tuesday week. I can ask her!

No comments:

Post a Comment