Saturday 19 February 2011

STOP SHOUTING!!!!!!

Despite the rain B and I had a play in the deserted arena this morning. The ground was soggy so I used my c/s with the plastic bag instead of the savvy string.

Back up over a pole.

B has such a sweet face when she comes to me.

We moseyed around for a bit then tried some fig 8 around the cones. I upped my energy to ask for trot one way, forgetting I had the bag on my c/s which resulted in B exploding and bracing. We had a bit of a tussle until she was calm and it was then I remembered about the plastic bag. And that I was shouting!

I asked her to circle again but she couldn't without continually changing direction. So. . . . I thought perhaps if I ask really really quietly with the smallest of gestures and only barely lifting the c/s. Instead of SHOUTING, I whispered. Hey presto!! Breeze stepped back beautifully, waited for my signal and calmly began to walk a lap or two. Change of direction was lovely and we ended the session there.

We walked back together to her stable and had a little bit of hanging out before I left for work.

This evening all we did was go for a graze in the dark around the yard. B kept checking in with me as I sat on a bench. She would come over and touch my hand with her nose although she was only 12' away online. Very sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment