Friday 17 June 2011

Its a mare thing + 1001 uses for an old 22' line.

The weather has been rotten this week. So much for 'flaming June' instead its been raining. A lot.
We haven't done much at all since our lesson this week. I have been feeling really tired and B has been pretty grumpy. I have had to reassert my personal space more than once or twice and we have been doing a fair bit of yo yo and backing up. Out of her stable, round gates etc.
I have been noticing changes in her attitude and the way she has been with me and the herd. Lots of mare posturing, squirting and peeing. She has been rounding up 'her mares' and snaking her head at them and every other horse around. Coupled with not wanting to be touched, groomed or even listen to me at all lol. Probably usual for two weeks after the Flex Track and settling back in at home. I am sure she is changing too because our relationship is changing as in growing and deepening. I guess too, I have been upping the anti and asking more of her and she of me since we got back. Never a dull moment!
It feels like time to really embrace being a level 3 student. A very scary but exciting prospect for me and although I am up for moving on it will be hard for me to leave the safety and familiarity of L2.
I am typing this in the relative comfort of B's stable at past 8 pm. No one else is around. All I can hear is B and other horses munching, occasionally a pigeon flapping around etc and the incessant drone of the rain. I am soaking wet having spent ages wrestling a 100kg bale of wet, slippery, plastic wrapped haylage into my shed on my own. That's where the old 22' line came in very handy. I looped it around the bale and heaved and shoved the thing into place. Phew!
It did mean B got to finish her feed undisturbed and now I get to have some undemanding time with her. She has parked her butt against the inner stable door, cocked a back leg and is dozing.
Time to go I think. Sarah the trimmer is coming tomorrow. We will see if she says B is any thinner lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment