Tuesday 28 June 2011

Best laid plans. . . .


B and I were out in the woods just as the skies opened and the rain fell at an astonishingly fast rate.
I had planned to go into the arena but it was being levelled off so instead we went for a play in the woods. I am a little focused on circle game at present and want to concentrate on B's relaxation and canter. There isn't space in the woods to really get going but we utilised the car park areas for some trot.
Plenty of sideways and rock slide today plus driving from zone 5 which was really good. B was really connected to me and was responding to just a thought which must be challenging for her in the woods with all the distractions.
We turned for home when the rain started and made it back to the yard to the crashing of thunder, pretty dry considering. When I checked the time we had been out for a good 45 mins!


I had moved this pallet off the bridle path. B went a little intro and I wonder if she was also listening out for brown Bertie who was out for a solo ride but went the other way...

No comments:

Post a Comment