Friday 10 June 2011

Oh! Ok.


Thursday morning was Day 4 of Follow the rail and we had one of the best warm ups. Breeze was very happy to circle more than 20 laps both ways. We had Rock Slide, sideways, nice driving from zone 5 all kinds of lovely games. We got falling leaf in trot and travelling circles.

Saddling up was nice but I did notice B had her ears back after that. I knew being in the arena in the morning might be challenging as all the horses get put out and B can see them out in the field. We managed 8 laps one way and had a rest in the middle because B wanted to break gait and I had to bend her to a stop. On the right rein we only got two laps and again B needed to be inside the circle because someone was calling their horses loudly to bring them in. B is very sensitive to shouting, it really upsets her. I have thought about how I could do some approach and retreat but I don't think shouting at her is a good idea!

It was obvious B wasn't calm or relaxed so I just decided to get off. The sky was rapidly darkening and it looked like rain was imminent. I really didn't fancy getting wet. We unsaddled back at the shed and I turned her out in the field with her herd. The only thing I have to think about is that I hope I have preserved my confidence. Sometimes even little incidents like this can start the evil thinking lol.

Breeze wasn't very friendly Thursday evening. Sometimes she is like this and I know when to give her some space. Today I did very little both this morning and this evening. She has spent the last two days just being with her herd or in her stable munching haylage. We will see what happens this weekend because the weather forecast is for rain. Lots of it.

1 comment:

  1. sometimes I think they just need a bit of processing time or personal space

    ReplyDelete