Wednesday 8 June 2011

Woohoo!

The plan tonight after work was to do day 4 of Follow the Rail. But I was very tired and it was gone 7.30 when I got to the yard. So instead I thought we might have a play. I am so glad we did as we had a fabulous session.

Started with slow things like sideways and Rock Slide, fig 8 and lead from zone 5. Then it was on to circle game and I am delighted to say it was fabulous. We got 20+ laps in trot both ways with B relaxing so much towards the end that she was stretching her neck with her nose near the ground, blowing out as she went round. We wound it up after that and I asked for canter. We got two laps!! The elusive two laps! Brilliant. Same the other way and then we did some canter/trot, trot/walk transitions to calm her down. We still need to do a lot of this.

On to some walking around and driving from zone 5 to cool off. We got near a nice jump so I asked her to squeeze over it, turn and face both ways. Very sweet. It was just like being at Stoneleigh all over again. Our communication was great and we just played together like it was a conversation. Just perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment