Saturday 7 August 2010

Sweet B.

I am cautiously thinking I am doing the right thing by Breeze lol. Judging by this evenings events anyway. This circle game resistance has really made me rethink what we do. I can't deny I am disappointed, not in Breeze, but my own savvy. I was really enjoying all of our games and I feel a bit restricted and that something is lacking because we can't play with the circle game. I am sure it will pass but in the meantime I am trying to find ways of improving our relationship.

After her dinner B and I went for some UDT around the rough ground on the yard. I did nothing while she grazed except play go and eat here and here and here! Also, keep out of my space, which is timely because she did a huge spook and leapt in the air, pulling back on the 22' line. I was so surprised I forgot to let the rope slide through my hands at first and got a slight rope burn on the palm of my left hand. That reminded me to let the rope slide pretty quickly!

When Breeze had her fill of grass and weeds we went back to the courtyard playing driving game from zone 5. While I skipped out Breeze did something she hasn't done for a while . . . stand on the pedestal with all four feet! I have been telling people she only does this when I am not looking. That's why the photo is rubbish! I had to get my phone out of it's holster quickly before she got off lol.

The yard was pretty quiet and the sun shone as I sat on a log and B came and stood next to me, ground tied. To my great surprise she went to sleep, standing over me. We must have stayed like this for a good 15 minutes before more people arrived, made some noise and broke the spell. B woke up and wandered off to eat stuff off the floor so it was time to put her to bed and go home.

2 comments:

  1. Did you read Linda's latest blog - I thought of you when I read it... about the fact we can focus on problems we have with our horse but really if we never had any problems we would never learn anything... and that our journey with our horse is nothing but a series of problems depending on where we are at...
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I did! Amazing how things turn up when you need them lol. It was a light bulb moment reading that.
    I don't want to see things as problems and therefore, in my mind, negative. They are stops along the way, which is why I am finding other things to focus on. Cool!

    c x

    ReplyDelete