Saturday 7 August 2010

Saturday play.

The nice thing about having a Saturday off work is there is no pressure to be anywhere else but with Breeze. Time to play in the school and see what horse has turned up. Various riders came and went and we managed to stay out of everyone's way.

Again B was resistant to anything but what she wanted to offer, particularly circle game and now weave. She seems to be addicted to side passing everything lol. I was even less emotional about it today, as I am getting used to this new side of B's horsenality. Trying not to beat myself up about how much pressure I may have put on her while playing the 7 games and getting to know her. Things were going so well and B would play all the games quite happily. I don't know why she has changed her mind about this. I will never know. All I can do is listen to her and play with the concept of making my idea her idea but respecting her idea first.

We spent a lot of time on doing nothing in between the slightest ask for things. She only blew up once and went backwards but soon didn't want to do that any more lol. We played a lot of sideways, yield your HQ's and yo yo, with treats when she came towards me after wanting to pull back on the line. The pulling back is way less extreme for which I am very pleased and proud that I see a change so quickly. Eventually I could see she was in the right frame of mind to ask for circle game. She gave me a few laps of clockwise, c.o.d. and some more laps anti-clockwise in soft slow walk! Oooh it was SO tempting to see if we could get trot but I managed not to. We ended it there after at least an hour of playing, hanging out and friendly game.

Breeze doesn't seem to go as introverted as she used to. Her head goes down and she blinks a lot but wants me to stroke her head and then she is ready to carry on. I will win her around, I will, but only on her terms and at her pace.

We went back to the courtyard and her stable but B wanted to stick to me. She didn't even want to eat. Instead she hung out with me as I chatted to friends. She let me rest my hand on her wherever I liked. Usually she gets me with her tail if I go anywhere near her sensitive spots. Even leaning on her back with my arm is not allowed. Usually. She stepped on and off the pedestal and followed me to and from the shed. I swear she would kill for carrots!

Bertie is having problems transitioning to barefoot so Sandra isn't riding him for a week. This probably means I won't be riding so much too. Maybe I will go out alone tomorrow. I will see how B and I feel. I am not feeling very emotionally fit in my 'real life', miserable in fact, so now is the time to go easy on myself and Breeze.

No comments:

Post a Comment