Saturday 28 August 2010

Sorted.

While we waited for Sarah the barefoot trimmer I played with Breeze around the yard and on the rough ground as there was a horse in the arena. After some put your nose on this on all the farm vehicles and some circle game and sideways I set up the barrels and we played side ways over it and put your nose on this on these too. Breeze really loves this game! She is very food orientated lol.

When the arena was free we went in and did some driving from zone 5, weave and.......circle game! Just like it used to be with added snaking of her neck and little leaps when I send her. I wonder if this is dominance as well as exuberance and it made me laugh my head off. So pleased we are back together on this one.

We followed that with some more sideways and over a jump then suddenly she went intro and switched off. So we stood and chilled while I stroked her head and waited. When she came out of it we went over to the blackberries and I picked a few handfuls for her.

Sarah arrived and trimmed B's feet. We got a score of 6.5 and Sarah agreed that B has beautiful feet. The good news is Bert is growing new hoof fast! Sandra rode him today for the first time in 4 weeks so she is very happy. We think he is over the worst and just needs to get fitter for our sponsored ride. I have my riding buddies back! Hooray!

This evening I thought I would collect some of B's poop in a bag and take it home for my compost. I got an empty chaff sack and went into B's stable to empty the bucket off poop I picked up from just four hours in there. She must have been able to smell the chaff residue and happily stuffed her nose and head right to the bottom of the plastic bag to lick up every last bit. Cool. I guess she definitely isn't afraid of plastic bags lol.


No comments:

Post a Comment