Thursday 12 August 2010

Just being a horse

Breeze has been living out for the last few days. It's been lovely going to see her and be greeted with this sight in the evenings lol. I am becoming less worried about her being out and enjoying having lie-in's and not spending time mucking out.

There has been a shift in the herd dynamics and we now have a new herd within the herd. Brown Bertie and his harem, which includes Breeze and three other mares of different shapes and sizes.

Here's Breeze, Brown Bertie and the smallest of the harem.

And Breeze doing what comes naturally.....she has had the hots for Brown Bertie since he came to the yard a little while ago.

Its been interesting to spend time with B in the field. She comes over to me repeatedly to lick my hands, then go back to the harem. Unless I sit on the ground, when she will come over and graze around me. Actually a lot of the horses are interested in me if I sit down. Even Brown Bertie came and investigated me at one point. I have missed her a little though, but there will be lots of time to enjoy her company when turn out becomes limited when winter sets in.

2 comments:

  1. Great observations!

    Petra Christensen
    Parelli 1Star Junior Instructor
    Parelli Central

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks. It's interesting and fun to watch herd dynamics.

    ReplyDelete