Saturday 21 August 2010

Introvertion.

Breeze was very interesting today. We saddled up after some play and a groom and Sandra put Berts boots on and walked him online. Bert is off 'Bute' now and feeling much better. Looks like his feet are hardening up much to Sandra's and my relief!

Breeze wasn't scared by the blackberry bushes today. In fact we all spent a long time eating blackberries and chilling. Today Bert seemed to have more go than B and she was the most consistently introverted I have seen her. She would be ok one minute and we would play sideways or weave and then she would drop her head to sniff some leaf or poop and then stand staring at nothing for ages. Sometimes I stroked her, sometimes I just sat or stood and waited, then asked her to move on when I felt she was ready. We did this all the way to the top of the old woods when she began to be more alert and with me.

Breeze lined up in one easy move, accepted the rope being thrown over her head and stood still while I got on and did my ropes up. We set off following Sandra and Bert.

We had a great ride. I was totally relaxed and mostly left the reins on B's withers. We did a lot of 'off piste' and a lot of laughing as I ducked the low branches. We got as far as the other side of the viaduct and turned around. B was happy to lead then lol. But she reached a huge threshold as we neared the bridge and I felt her get tense then spin and try to run away. I one rein stopped her and we turned around and tucked behind Bert for safety.

We walked up the straight and Sandra played with Bert and did some driving from zone 5. Nice. Breeze and I ambled along, then did some weaving and circling and on to the exit. Breeze hesitated slightly before carrying on along the first part of the mile and 1/4 where I asked her if she wanted to graze for a while, which she did. Then it was back to the yard where we realised we had been out for two hours!

This evening I put on my ipod and grazed B around the yard for an hour, playing stop and eat here then move on please. Happy days!

2 comments:

  1. strange she goes so introverted for no apparent reason hey (or is there one?).... sounds like a nice day though all round - glad the feet are better

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't know why she goes intro like that. Some days she does, some she doesn't. I am looking for a pattern/reason. In the school it's when she has done something well like side passing over the length of a jump, it's as if it's all just too much pressure.
    I have lent Sandra my Pete Ramey books and that's helping.
    c x

    ReplyDelete