Sunday 11 July 2010

Massage day.

Breeze had her first massage today since coming to me. I found she was a lot more relaxed and accepting than I thought she would be. Sue says B is quite stiff in her back end but it's not something that can be considered 'a problem' and I was glad to hear her say carry on with what we are doing.

Sue used to massage Lizzie and it is lovely to keep the continuity. Sue moved to the Isle of Wight a while ago but comes to London every 6 weeks or so and will travel to other places too if anyone is interested.

I quite missed riding today. We had a play in the arena after B's massage and then a walk in the woods in the evening although it was so hot and humid it wasn't as pleasant as it usually is and there is very little grass or foliage to eat. We noticed the other day that the park rangers have been and strimmered all the bushes and edges of the bridle paths. The lack of rain has taken care of everything else.

Our play over the last few days has been interesting and calm. I am focusing on circle game being consistant and without B blowing up. B's trot is becoming nice and balanced and canter is getting there although I have to be very careful when I ask for more energy as B usually stops thinking and goes RB. It will take the time it takes lol. Sideways without a fence is great now so the next concept will be sideways towards me. Yay! I bet that will make me laugh with glee.

The Equine Podiatrist/trimmer is (provisionally) coming next Sunday! I am hoping she will show me how to rasp B's feet easily and advise whether she needs boots or not. I have never had the pleasure of talking /working with a real life barefoot trimmer. It has always been my dream to have my horse barefoot. The experience wasn't for very long with Lizzie and Breeze has already been barefoot longer than Lizzie was. I have always believed it's the perfect way to keep horses feet and hated the idea of shoes. I am very excited about this, can you tell?

No comments:

Post a Comment