Friday 16 July 2010

Cute or what!!!

Here is little Tinkerbell, isn't she just gorgeous? She is very nervous of people but is beginning to like me and my carrots! Her owner says if I ever want to play with her I can but I don't think I have the time, let alone a halter small enough lol. I am happy to just give her lots of love whenever I see her. She loves to stand next to me and be scratched and stroked if there are no other horses around except her buddy Eeyore.

Here Bertie and Eeyore share treats from Sandra. We had a great time this evening when we went to catch our horses. Nearly the whole herd came to say hello. I made sure I preserved our herd of two and didn't let any of them get too near Breeze.

Most evenings when I give B her tea I leave the stable door open and sit outside on the pedestal until she is finished. Today I wanted to see it from a different angle. Breeze hasn't left her stable yet when I leave the door open like this, unless I walk away and then she will follow me at liberty. This eve I asked her in and walked away. She followed me to the shed across the courtyard and when she saw me come out carrying her feed she trotted back next to me as quick as she could! Very funny.

I think it's really cool that she has settled in so well in such a short time and my leadership is becoming established. I like the fact that she is happy enough to stay put without having to be locked in or tied up. The other night I played the driving game from zone 5 to send her out in front of me past the farriers van. It was quite a tight squeeze but B didn't hesitate. The farrier looked very surprised to see Breeze walking ahead until he saw me lol. He looked startled and told me he thought B was a loose horse. I laughed at that and felt quite pleased and proud of our little game.

I have been throwing the rope over her back for a while when I ask her into her stable and now I find I have desensitised her enough to be able to throw the rope over her head, albeit gently. One day I would like to ride her with just one rein and know she won't freak out when I throw the rope over her head to change sides. Everything I do is done with setting things up for success, not just for that day but in the future. I remind myself that even if we don't get everything done to plan today there is always something stored up for future use. Sometimes I surprise myself by being quite inventive and suddenly remembering stuff to do instead of something B cannot do on that day. Sometimes I don't even realise this fully until I write it up in this blog!

4 comments:

  1. cute! I think Coco would like her alot....

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Tinkerbell would like Coco too lol.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wouldn't they make a cute couple...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol. I am sure Coco is much better bred being a mini and not a common Shetland lol. But yes they would make a lovely couple x

    ReplyDelete