Friday 30 April 2010

Undemanding time

This evening I drove the route from work to the yard for the first time since early January, smiling. It's wonderful to be driving to the yard to go and see Breeze. I have really missed this part of my life and am glad to be feeling like I am complete again.

Breeze seemed to have had a pleasant day. She had been eating haylage and had lain down for a nap judging, by the shavings stuck to her flanks. We had a quick graze around the yard before the rain started although it wasn't heavy. Then a rainbow appeared above the yard and I made a wish lol.


I gave B her tea and a groom and tried to sit in her stable for some undemanding time. Fat chance! She wouldn't leave me in peace lol. B has already worked out where I keep the treats. As I sat on the upturned feed bucket she stood with her muzzle pressed to the pocket in my jacket breathing in and out, probably hoping to snort those treats out of the pocket!
I had kept hold of a brush and began to stroke it through her forelock. Her muzzle became heavier and she rested her head in my lap and half shut her eyes. This went on for a while until she decided it was treat time again. I didn't give in and even sticking a finger or two in her mouth didn't deter her either lol.

So thats how I spent my undemanding time...alternating between brushing her forelock or playing porcupine game with my fingers and her mouth. She makes me laugh. Not exactly undemanding on her part!

Before I left her I went to say hello to Bertie, tied up in the aisle. B hung her head over the stable door staring at me until I went back and cuddled her head while she blew warm breath on my neck. Bliss.
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment