Thursday 29 April 2010

B DAY ! Part 1

Finally after what seemed like a long wait The lorry turned up with my Breeze!

She came off the box a little sweaty but quite chilled really. She was keen to look around and very calm considering she had been traveling for 7 hours and more. I was so happy to see her!

I took her to the school for a run around and stretch her legs and she had a roll. Then we went to her stable to chill out while I got the paperwork done.


We went for a quick walk in the woods to see if Breeze wanted to sample the grass but as dusk was coming in it was a little too spooky for her. While I chatted in the pub car park she stood calmly even with cars coming very close to her.

She seemed right at home in this strange new place and I cannot stop smiling. She did call once or twice and I watched her wait for a reply which didn't come. Perhaps she was checking to see if anyone she knew was around. Breeze and Bertie met over the stable door and there were no squeals or face pulling from either horse.

I kept an open mind about how she might be when she arrived and it was great to see Breeze quite calm but interested in her new surroundings. I didn't want to leave her this evening. I sat in her stable for a while as she ate her dinner. When she had finished she kept coming and nuzzling me as if to check in with me. Very sweet. I think I have 'struck gold' with Breeze. She is turning out to be even more fabulous than I thought.

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations on Breeze's arrival. I hope all goes well. She looks lovely and very calm in her new surroundings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. she looks fabulous. i wouldn't have wanted to leave her either.

    ReplyDelete