Friday 30 April 2010

First walk in the woods

It gladdens my heart to finally be in the woods with B. Last night I took her there briefly for some grass which she couldn't eat. So today we had a lovely walk and play. She appears to be quite a confident horse once she has a look and a think. Very happy to walk next to me or out in front to about 12'. She didn't have many thresholds and when she did it took no time at all for her to say ok let's carry on. I am delighted she is so calm and steady.

The log trailer was more like twigs to her! She steps out of there over the logs like they 're not there at all. Made me laugh. It's quite challenging to have her stay in the trailer. She wants to come to me all the time so draw is very good lol. More time needed on drive, I think.


How many photos have I taken of Lizzie doing just this!? Gazing along the bridle path in a very green and leafy spring woods. Lizzie used to have a bit of a world weary look about her with puckered lips and a grumpy face. Breeze seems open and interested. I hope these woods never get boring for her.

We walked to the top of the old woods where she stepped over the logs there like they were nothing. I didn't want to bring her life up yet as I would like the woods to be a calm and good place to be.

Down the straight we did some sideways and I think I got complacent...B trod on the rope and was too close to me and....crunch!!! B bashed me on the head with hers as she scared herself!! OUCH! I have a nasty bump on my forehead. We worked on my personal space after that. Oops!!!

The journey home was uneventful. Phew! Some weaving around trees and sideways. Then past the exit to eat the grass she didn't last night. Two riders from the yard had passed us earlier and we met them again past the exit. B decided she had to be with them as they left the bridle path so we did some back up and wait there until she was calm. We have some way to go before I am completely the leader in this new relationship lol. I notice she is licking and chewing more and I can see her tongue now. Cool.

Oh and we played stand on the tree stump out in the woods but although B tried she couldn't stay on it for very long. Back at the yard she stood on the pedestal without much hesitation whereas last night she looked at it like it was going to eat her. This girl is a fast learner. I am going to have to up my game pretty soon so I can be interesting and provocative enough for her when she has learned what I know lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment