Thursday 10 March 2011

Lesson with Susan Coade.

Susan and I met each other at a gym over 5 years ago just before I went to the USA for THAT holiday. We only met briefly a few times so it was a great surprise to meet up all this time later and for a Parelli lesson. Parelli has really changed my life in so many ways and given me a lot of lovely surprises.

It was very windy but dry for our lesson. Again the same 5 horses were out in the arena but we warmed up all the same. Breeze was totally unconcerned about the wind and the other horses, some of which followed us around quite interested in what we were doing.

It was a great lesson. Susan asked me if B and I had any difficulties and after going through some of the games it was clear there were some holes and our circle game needed some help too. I have been quite careful lately not to push B too far when playing in case she exploded or went introverted. But I have noticed some LB dominance creeping in and I knew we were about to step up a level.

Now we have circle game, in trot and over a jump. It took some doing, with B snaking her head at me when I asked her to carry on when she stopped. Seems I haven't been asking for long enough. Now I have learned to be persistent here too lol. It was so good to see B's attitude change, to watch her become relaxed and happy and looking at me with both of those soft brown eyes.
Breeze was a star, she gave me some lovely sideways and when I asked her to play the squeeze game, turn/yield her HQ and stop she got it straight away!

I have been buzzing ever since. Again I really feel we can progress and that our relationship is changing in incredible ways. Susan has offered to film us, with L3 in mind but that aside it would be great to have film of our progress even if I don't submit an audition.

I feel really spoiled too! Lots of lessons, some free again, from two superb trainee instructors. I am so proud to be part of their journeys too.

No comments:

Post a Comment