Saturday 26 March 2011

It's all good!

I ended up with five draft blog posts that I never did write, just sorted the photos for them before I posted about my lesson with Claire. I was still wondering how I could get so behind until it hit me as a BFO while I was riding in the woods today.

I used to write about everything I could remember, as each 'thing' was new and a real achievement. Also, if I leave the note taking too long I simply forget what happened when, so much is going on these days! And I think we are doing such a lot that it's becoming too complex and probably might be too boring to read anyway.

Before I had my lesson with Claire I blogged about cantering on the Saturday. We rode again on the Sunday but I didn't canter. Breeze was not as emotionally calm. Tuesday Sandra and I rode again and that was a ride with a lot of trotting.

Which brings me kind of up to date after the lesson. Breeze and I are continuing with circle game and upping the pressure to ask for canter. B can now trot faster without blowing up but canter is still illusive for now.

Breeze is going introverted especially when she does something really good but I have noticed she is doing a lot of licking and chewing too.

I get to stroke her head and face and then I crouch down and wait for her to surface. Usually she comes to stand next to me wondering what I am doing.

It being Sunday we had our usual ride in the woods with Sandra and Bert. We warmed up in the arena but I didn't push for canter on the circle game. As it makes B get RB, today we concentrated on getting a consistent trot. And because we were warming up to ride I focussed on seeing all the games and tested if B was listening to me and how in tune we were and of course, if she is ridable.

We left the arena and got ready to get on in the courtyard which was really quiet, soft and respectful. Actually I got watched by a new family who recently bought a horse already on the yard. I wondered why they were standing watching me but I was so wrapped up in getting on it wasn't till I was up that they asked if it was ok to move. They didn't want to disturb us, bless them.

We spent two hours out in the woods. The horses spent ages eating at first. We did a lot trotting again all the way along the mile and 1/4. This time I was relaxed and moved with Breeze. We went around the old woods twice! Both horses had thresholds when we asked them. Bertie did a lot of circling until he was ready to go back down the straight. B almost turned to but it seems she realised this pattern and waited for Bert to stop turning and carry on. I thought that was great!

The second time we were in the old woods we went 'off piste' which was lovely until we met a bunch of dogs. That scared Bert who bolted with Breeze following very closely. Great fun actually and Sandra and I were laughing. We got back on the bridle path and B had to move her feet still so we trotted off along the winding uphill part. I loved that, leaning side to side to keep up with Breeze as we dodged trees and overhanging branches. Funny how relaxing I find that rather than going in a straight line! Sandra said we were trotting so fast she had to canter to keep up.

Brilliant play, then ride, in fabulous warm sunshine. The clocks went forward today so we get extra daylight in the evenings. I think we will be riding after work pretty soon too.

2 comments:

  1. Thats great news Cilla that you are so 'busy' doing things that you don't need to blog about everything - sounds like you are having fun!! Love the pics of bridlepaths - wish we had some...
    Jxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I could blog everything Jane! I want to remember every little thing because things are changing so fast! But from the change comes a new texture to our play and relationship. It's flowing now, so hard to isolate every little nuance. What does Pat say? 'Go with the flow and flow with the go'. x

    ReplyDelete