Tuesday 15 March 2011

Consciously competent?

Squeeze game/yo yo.
I used to write up my blog posts religiously, until lately. I am trying to think why this is but I haven't a clue! It's probably because the nature of B and my relationship seems to have shifted and our play sessions, in fact all our time together, is different. The play is definitely more intense and more importantly fun! And I seem to spend a lot more time playing which leaves less time for writing.
I was going to ride Tuesday but again I ran out of time. Also I thought it might be a good idea to do something less demanding especially as it seemed to be National Burn your Rubbish Day and the air was full of smoke at the yard, along with two other places along the way as I drove to the yard.

There is something about having lessons that have made one great big difference to my savvy. I 'get it'. I almost want to say, finally, but thats not really true. I have just progressed and I have found myself able to work things out logically. In the past I just did things, the 7 games, without thinking about them very much. Now I am being more particular and I can see what it is I am looking at/for and why. If I really wanted to 'wax lyrical' I could say it feels like I have been walking down a long corridor and finally reached a door that has opened and let me into a world full of sunshine. It's probably just Spring!!
I think this has also given B a lot more confidence and she isn't so RB about things. Consequently we are communicating. Having a real conversation. Driving game and circle game in particular are improving immensely. I am loving it!

After play we went across the road to the woods for 20 minutes of nice spring grass. Breeze was the most relaxed I have seen her yet.


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

  1. National Burn your Rubbish Day - love it!!
    Glad to hear you found the door

    ReplyDelete
  2. The first of many doors I think. Been looking and waiting for it for a long time.

    ReplyDelete