Monday 21 June 2010

Happy Summer Solstice!

This morning we did our usual fly repellant dance where Breeze walks around me, flicking her tail at me as I attempt to put repellant on the bits I think the flies will go for. She doesn't mind her head being done but nowhere else lol. Then it was mosey to the field where I took her halter off expecting her to leave. She did leave only to come back and hang out with me for a while. So I scratched her back legs and enjoyed her company. I thought she might be waiting for Star and Strawberry but when they were let into the runway she left.

This evening I had the long walk to the 'M25 field' which actually is very pleasant and not that far, especially on the longest day of the year. There was my 'bay bombshell' hanging out to one side of the herd pretending she hadn't seen me. So I went and said hello to some other horses which usually gets her attention pretty quickly. Halter on, bit of carrot and a walk back together.

We had a pretty good grooming session but then Breeze was occupied with her favourite pastime...eating haylage!

2 comments:

  1. Looks good to see some grass and dry ground - all a bit wet here!
    Jx

    ReplyDelete
  2. It might be dry but it's hard! No pleasing us, eh. There never seems to be optimum conditions lol. Even the woods are dry now but there is plenty of grass. Summer will be around for you soon enough while we wallow in winter mud :)

    ReplyDelete