Friday 11 June 2010

Don't make assumptions.

Sandra kindly brought B in for me last night. This was B when I arrived at the yard. Where's my dinner!? Want it now!

So I gave her her dinner and hung around while she ate it. When she had finished I continued with our game of 'get to like being groomed'. B is hyper sensitive in a few places . . . well I say a few when I mean most of her body! We have got to the point where I am learning where her itchy spots are and she is beginning to relax and enjoy it. I spotted what I thought was mud on her left hind leg above her hock and casually went to scrub it off. Only it wasn't mud was it, it was a bruise and she kicked out at me! Luckily I wasn't too close and she just caught my mouth. I jumped away and stood in shock feeling the lump on my top lip grow. How could I be so stupid and assume she might trust me enough by now.

It quite took the wind out of me and B seemed quite tense. I quickly gave her a check over noticing a cut on her chest and two hoof marks on her rump. Looks like there has been a bit of fighting in the playground! Might explain her bad mood. So it seemed the best thing was to finish up and go home.

I did feel a bit stupid. Careless. Note to self . . . do not be so complacent and assume Breeze is as safe to be around as Lizzie was.

No comments:

Post a Comment