Tuesday 1 June 2010

B's feet.

Breeze has been barefoot for about 8 weeks now so I thought I had better take some photos lol. Yes, she does have four feet but I didn't take one of whichever hoof it was lol. Not very scientific or exact but I am not an expert anyway. I have rasped her hooves twice in the last month, just to even out any lumps and bumps and remove ragged bits. I never saw any nail marks when she came to me either. She seems to be coping very well out in the fields and woods and only shows a little hesitancy on the few really stony parts of the bridle paths.

Somewhere between Christmas and now I have lost two outdoor rugs that would have fitted Breeze. Heaven knows where they went! Today it rained almost all day and I sent B out naked lol. When I went to see her this eve she was safely tucked up in her stable, dry and warm. It seems to be accepted wisdom that because she is a thoroughbred she might be much more sensitive than Lizzie was and need to be kept warmer with more and thicker rugs. So far this seems to not be the case but we will see as winter sets in later on in the year.

No comments:

Post a Comment