Sunday 3 April 2011

More progress.

Sandra and I decided to leave mucking out until after riding so that we could get out in the glorious warm sunshine and maybe leave the yard earlier to go celebrate Mothers Day. We warmed up in the arena on the 22' and Breeze OFFERED canter!! She didn't go RB but was quite exuberant. I think she is really enjoying herself. I love her LB head shaking and how she asks questions and carries on when requested.

Saddling up was lovely as was getting on. Only a couple of very small thresholds leaving the yard. The horses ate and ate and ate down the start of the mile and 1/4 but trotted all of the rest of it. Over a mile. B was quite relaxed and slow. Sandra and I were chatting as we trotted! That's probably the most I have ever been relaxed with B trotting. I realise I have a lot more baggage to work through. That fear is still niggling away in the pit of my stomach. I will be raising these issues of mine on the Horseman's Series course very soon. Hopefully I will find some answers too.

No major spooks and B was very relaxed for most of the ride. Sandra and I talked about how far we have come and how much happier the horses are. I know B and I have a lot more to work through but I am looking forward to it. I feel very proud of what we have achieved. Yeah, I know, I am always saying this. Never get tired of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment